1. Why did Doug suspect that Mr. Westing's murder may have been a doctor?
2. Shin Hoo told Jake Wexler that he though he could squeeze him in at the restaurant. Explain why this statement is ironic.
3. Who is Judge Ford working with as a private detective to find information on heirs?
4. Why is Judge Ford surprised at McSouthers' description of Mrs. Westing?
5. What does 'presided' mean? On what page is it found? Who presided at the bench? Who presided at the front door?
6. What does 'profound' mean? On what page is it found? What is profound about the story of the soothsayer?
7. What was the rumor about Violet?